5 Furnace Noises You Shouldn’t Ignore
While your furnace has normal sounds that it makes when it’s running, there are also some sounds that indicate a problem. Although a furnace is a durable appliance, it will show signs of wear and tear over time. If you start to notice strange noises emanating from your furnace, it could be a sign that something is wrong.
If your furnace is making strange noises, the team at Liberty Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can help. We have years of experience diagnosing and repairing furnaces, and we would be happy to take a look at your furnace to see what’s going on. In the meantime, here are five furnace noises you shouldn’t ignore:
1. Rattling: When your furnace makes rattling noises and they do not diminish after some time, it could be a sign of worn or broken fan components. Sometimes, it can also be due to issues with the motor components. If the rattling sound persists and gets worse over time, it may be a sign of system failure. You should call a professional to take a look at your furnace as soon as possible.
2. Booming: Sometimes you do hear a booming sound when you first turn on your furnace for the season. However, if you hear a loud booming noise every time you turn on your furnace or it starts to happen more frequently, it could be a sign that something is wrong with the combustion chamber. It’s best to have a professional take a look at your furnace immediately especially if you smell gas.
3. Chirping: If your furnace has been idle for some time, you may hear a chirping noise when you first turn it on. This is normal. However, if the chirping continues or gets louder over time, it could be a sign that your fan belts need to be replaced. Regular maintenance can help prevent this type of problem.
4. Clicking: If you hear clicking noises coming from your furnace, it could be a sign that the igniter is going bad. The igniter is responsible for lighting the gas in the combustion chamber, so if it’s not working properly, your furnace won’t work either. It could also be a sign of flame sensor problems.
5. Squealing: A high-pitched squealing noise from your furnace is usually indicative of a problem with the belt or fan motor. The belt may be loose, damaged, or needs to be replaced entirely. This is a fairly easy repair for a professional, but it’s important to have it fixed as soon as possible to avoid further damage to your furnace.
If you’re concerned about any furnace noises you’re hearing, don’t hesitate to call Liberty Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We would be happy to take a look at your furnace and make sure everything is working properly. Contact us today to get started!
Routine Maintenance is Important
If you want your furnace to do its job well and last for many years, it’s important to keep up with regular maintenance. This includes changing the air filter regularly, having your furnace serviced at least once a year, and keeping an eye out for any strange noises or changes in performance. By taking good care of your furnace, you can avoid expensive repairs down the road and keep your family warm all winter long.
Sometimes, the strange noises your furnace is making are there because you haven’t had your furnace serviced in a while. It’s important to have your furnace serviced at least once a year by a professional. This will help keep your furnace running smoothly and prevent any small problems from turning into big ones. Contact Liberty Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule a service!
Are You in Need of Professional Furnace Service?
If you’re in need of furnace repair or maintenance, call Liberty Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today. Our team of experts will be happy to help keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long. Contact us today at (951) 760-4215 to schedule regular furnace service!